Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Big 3-0

My Fossil of a husband turned thirty this past Friday!
So in celebration of that I decided it would be fun to throw him a surprise 30th birthday roast.
Nothing fancy just some good friends, good drinks, and good laughs.
We started the evening by going out for dinner at Boatwerks with the Browns. I had Bobbo call Bryan during dinner & tell him a few people were meeting at the Brewery for some drinks. Bryan took the bait. When we got to the Brewery, waiting for us in the side game room were a big group of Bryan's friends & family and a great big 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY'. He was surprised and loved every second of it. As one of his parent's good friends said, " He's like a butterfly in a field of flowers".
The roasting was fun. Garv, Bob, Jamie & Worm did a great job. I wish I could post some of it but it's all recorded on Heather's camara...sorry. Some main points were of course...the hair, or lack there of...him being a real estate mogal...and his younger, less wise days.
Shockingly I pulled it off...with the help of a few other key people, thanks Jamie, Bob, the Browns, Mom M and of course Dave White.
Thank you to everyone who made it out to celebrate. We are so greatful to have such wonderful & loving friends!

0 comments: