Monday, October 19, 2009

Twinner Update

Ok, so I know I haven't posted things about us lately but all is well here however our dear friends are still in desperate need of prayer. So here is another update from Abi. Please, please keep praying for them and the Twinners!

From Abi:
Hi family & friends!
As most of you know today has not been a great day for Dave & I.
Unexpectedly this morning they came in to get me to measure my
cervical length. Last we had heard this was not going to be done
again til wednesday. Well things did not get better, in fact they got
worse. My closed vervical length is down to 5mm. The rest of my
cervix is still there, it is just open. Neither of the babies have
dropped down at all into this opening however, which is good. I also
am not dilated at all, which is good. As you can imagine this was
very frustrating and upsetting to me. Dr. Zuidema said she does not
now why this happened. She said that sometimes even though moms do
exactly what they are told, the cervix continues to shorten. She said
that it can be a result of irritability or contractions. She said it
does not appear that I am having much of this, however at times it can
be difficult to detect. So as a precaution they have started me on
Procardia 10 mg every 4 hours. This helps to relax the uterus. I
also have lost my wheelchair priveleges. She said that our main goal
right now is to keep my water from breaking, which they do with bed
rest & meds like the Procardia. She said that she has so patient with
the same or less than me who go weeks or months. Others who go into
labor sooner. She said it is hard to say what will happen. So we
just pray I am in the weeks or months group. I am 22 weeks 6 days
today.

Today has been quite the emotional rollercoaster. Dave & I have been
scared and discouraged. However I did shed some tears of joy today,
as strange as it sounds. A little bit ago i felt up to checking my
email and noticed one from my Grandma Mosterd from about the time that
I got the news this morning. This was before she knew anything about
what was going on. In it she had this verse:
Isaiah 41:10
Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am
you God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with
my victorious right hand.

How perfect! All day I have been both of those things as well as
frustrated with God. Then I read that verse, God reminding me He is
in control. God speaking to me before I even had the chance to ask
the questions. Amazing that God chooses people in our lives to be His
prophets and they do not even know it at they time.

Thanks to all of you for the emails of love & support. Keep the
prayers coming.

God Bless!
Abi Lamar

Here are a couple of pictures of Payton.

0 comments: