I have been feeling a little guilty lately over how many movies my children have been watching. While I have been adjusting to life with three children it has been the easiest activity for the two older ones to do. So I decided to check out my Pinterest boards and take a little trip to the craft store.
The first thing we did...Rainbow Rice!
Wow is this a fun activity for little ones. At least my kiddos loved it. They played for an hour without fighting...ok, with minimal fighting. :) It was really easy to create too. So it was a little messy (because Charley throws things) but nothing the vacuum can't handle.
Tips:
I used a 20lb bag of rice from Meijer ($12.99) and did a double batch for each color (8 cups rice, 6T rubbing alcohol, just a few drops...aprox. 3... of food coloring)
I also suggest to let the rice air out for 24 hours in a cool dry place before playing otherwise your house will smell strongly of rubbing alcohol. :)
Wow is this a fun activity for little ones. At least my kiddos loved it. They played for an hour without fighting...ok, with minimal fighting. :) It was really easy to create too. So it was a little messy (because Charley throws things) but nothing the vacuum can't handle.
I used a 20lb bag of rice from Meijer ($12.99) and did a double batch for each color (8 cups rice, 6T rubbing alcohol, just a few drops...aprox. 3... of food coloring)
I also suggest to let the rice air out for 24 hours in a cool dry place before playing otherwise your house will smell strongly of rubbing alcohol. :)




1 comments:
Love this Lisa!!! I'm assuming the colors got all mixed together after the first play time but having colored rice is way better than plain! I have some dried beans waiting to use for a project like this.
Post a Comment