Monday, May 21, 2012

Blankies & Buddies

There are two things we can not live without here at the Myrick house...blankets & buddies. Payton LOVES here buddies. Her favorites do rotate but there are a few 'staples'. Her Pony was given to her at Christmas by Auntie J and it fast became the favorite. Currently she is also loving big Hello Kitty, little Hello Kitty, Charley's puppy he got in the airport on the way to Florida, and Charley's stuffed giraffe he got from Payton when he was born...yes two are technically Charley's but he really doesn't care too much. Give the kid his stuffed Michigan football and he's good. Anyway, Payton loves to take her buddies with her wherever we go. I try to limit the number but as long as most stay in the car I let her take as many as she wants. There is rarely a day a buddy does not go to school in her backpack. I often over hear her talking to them, wrapping them up like babies and putting them to bed. It's adorable. 
The boys are totally addicted to their blankies. Payton likes her blankie but would choose a buddy over it I am sure...well, I don't know about bedtime but during the day for sure. Charley on the other hand...do not mess with his blankie! He LOVES, LOVES, LOVES his blankie. It's really sweet to watch him snuggle with it. We have multiple 'copies', "just in case". We thought we lost back in the fall and it was tragic. He did not sleep well that night so I called up Aunt Heather and had an identical one made. We did end up finding it 'hidden' in the play kitchen...the handy work of big sister who was a little upset with little brother at the time. :) 
Grant is following in big brother's foot steps in the 'love for blankie' department. He however is not allowed to sleep with it at night yet because he loves having it up by his face. Thank goodness Aunt Heather made his blankie look different than Charley's. If she hadn't I am curtain it would have been 'stolen' long ago. His goes with him wherever he goes because it is hard for him to fall asleep in his car seat without it. 

I love that my kids have these things that make them feel safe and cozy.

0 comments: