Sunday, December 1, 2013

Our Elf Chip

After hearing a small knock on the door our kids raced to see 'who' could be there. What did they find? A small box wrapped in red & white and a white envelop with all three of their names written on the front. 
 What could this be? Who could it be from? Nothing like this has ever shown up on our door step before...
Upon further inspection it was clear this was a gift from Santa!
 With much excitement they listened as I read them the letter. (I stole the idea from this blog:)
They opened the box to find our new little friend. 
Santa also left another gift. A book. This was our new friend's way of letting us know a little more about why he was here and what we needed to do. 
First thing...we needed to name him. 
C's first suggestion, Chip. Done! 
The book explained how Chip will report back to Santa each night and in the morning the kids had to find him. 
For now he sits on our windowsill by the stockings. 
I wonder where he will be in the morning...?? :) 

Bryan & I might be more excited about this then they are at this point but they are going to love it. I know it. 




0 comments: