Monday, November 17, 2008

Birthday

Today is my 27th birthday. I don't feel 27. Twenty-Seven used to be old. I don't feel that old. I went to the HCHS football game on Friday night & to be honest...I still feel 18 some days.
Life is good though. I have been extremely blessed in my 27 years. God has given me good health, a great family and wonderful friends. There have been some tough times but they are greatly out weighted by the great times. Here are a few of my favs...in no particular order. :) (there are a ton more but it's late & I'm tired so this is what you get)
Night before the last day of high school - Almost our entire senior class went & had a bon fire. We stayed up all night just hanging out. It was completely innocent but a lot of fun.
My 14th B-day party - Nothing fancy but I went with a group of girls & some guys to the Maze Craze in GR. I just remember it being really fun.
Glen Lake - This was a family vacation that went on for almost 15 years. The Vermuelen's, Slenk's (Michelle's Fam), Slenk's (Becky's Fam), and us all were there at the same time at the end of July beginning of Aug. There are just certian smells that will bring me instantly back to this place.
There was a night spent with Sam, Kate & Al lison that was crazy. It involved a video camara, bean bag filler & Peter's car...I'll never forget it. Enough said. :)
That first REAL kiss...I'll keep the details of that one to myself. :)
My Wedding day - God knew 27 years ago who I would marry & I am so thankful to Him for who He made for me.
Payton's Birthday - It is truly amazing how much love can come in such a small package. Being a mom is one of the greatest gifts.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Aww that was fun to read :) Glad to see i made the list! Hope you had a super amazing birthday and we'll celebrate when i come home (thanksgiving weekend)!! LOVE YOU GIRL!!!! Cheers to many more years of memories to be made...

kim joo mee said...

Lisa! I stalk you through other people's blog links. Anyway, I got really nostalgic when I read that b/c I completely forgot about that bonfire (I can't even remember who's house it was now, although I can remember it was on our side of town) and your birthday party!! Didn't we take your motorhome? Awe, memories. Glad to see you're doing well :)