Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Great Fathers

God has blessed my life by placing in it great fathers. Although not all of those great fathers are MY fathers but they are all great reminders of the love of my Heavenly father. It is easier to imagine Gods love when you see a glimpse of it here on earth.
To keep this post a reasonable length I am only going to talk briefly about two of those fathers...Bryan & my dad.
I was greatly blessed to have married a man that I thought was going to be a great dad. It's one thing to think that but it is another to see it every day. He is amazing! I love watching him with Payton. The way she smiles when he walks in the door, the way he plays with her and makes her laugh...She has definite potential to become a Daddy's Girl...big time! He also does so much to help me. He is always willing to drop her off in the morning, pick her up at night, watch her so I can go out on a week night, keep her entertained while I work around the house...he helps make me the best mommy I can be & that means SO much. I'm so lucky that he chose me!
I love you Babe!Next is my dad...my superman. Bryan always jokes that I think he walks on water. (What girl doesn't think that about her dad? :) My dad is another amazing man and father. He is so handy, creative, always willing to help out, and the man can also fix anything! If you know my dad...you know this is true. I love him so much & glad God blessed me with such a great dad.
I love you Dad!Bryan had a good first father's day. Starting on Saturday afternoon when Payton gave him his gift...4 stackable plastic chairs. It sounds lame, I know but 'guys' night sometimes takes place at our house on Wed night & we had 3 chairs...2 of which were broken. Now the boys have a place to sit. Then, on Sunday morning during morning nap I made him a great breakfast, omelet, bacon, sausage, toast, coffee...I had some as well so I know it was good. :) Later in the day we headed to Mom & Dad Myrick's for a great lunch. Payton got grandpa some beach toys to keep on the boat, she was very excited that he said she could play with them with him.
In the evening we went to meet my parents, Bec & the Kids, and Heather at the barn for some V.I.

0 comments: