Now that P knows how to stand up in her crib, this is ALL she wants to do. She doesn't want to sleep, just stand.
Yesterday afternoons nap went like this...put her down at 3:30, she stood up walked around her crib quietly until about 3:45, started to sob softly around that same time, started to scream at about 3:55, I went in there at about 4:10 to try to calm her down, did calm her down, put her back in her crib at around 4:20, screamed immediately and continued until 5:10 when I finally could not take it any longer. I thought she would just get tired and lay down or at the very least...fall down...nope, didn't happen.
Yup...that was her nap.
How do I get the child to nap instead of stand up & cry??? Help! :)




4 comments:
Sorry, but I can't help you with that. Layla had (has) the same problem!! For probably a few weeks every naptime and bedtime was a struggle. I'd just keep going in there and laying her back down (that's when the video monitor comes in so handy!). It was so frustrating and I know that some would say to just let her cry it out and figure out on her own to go to bed but that didn't seem to work for Layla--she'd just cry and cry and sit and stand but never lay back down. She has finally been going to bed now good but every once in awhile will still stand up in her crib and I just go lay her back down. Hopefully Payton figures it out quicker than Layla! :-) It can be so frustrating!
I just rocked Abram until he is exhausted (not totally asleep) but really really close. And then layed him down and he'd cash right out.
Now he's a little better about understanding that when he's in his crib it's time to sleep and not play. But for me I had to rock him til he was almost out otherwise he'd just play and play and walk and stand...it's like they're so proud of their new talent they can't stop standing!!
Good luck!
do you have a sleeping bag/larger bunting? that works for us! she can't stand up as well in them and when we put it on her... she knows it is time to 'wind down'. We've been using it on her since she was about that age (they don't have sleeves so I don't feel like I am putting her in a snow suit to go to bed either)
i hate to be the bearer of bad news BUT...could it be she's ready to give up that afternoon nap???
cuz, you know, when they give up their afternoon nap, that automatically means you must also give up yours.
geez, i always hated that.
i'll be thinking about you. :)
Post a Comment