I am in the process of looking for a new camera. The flash on my Kodak, that is only two years old, decided to stop functioning a few months ago and because Kodak is so wonderful (yeah right) they do not let any one (camera repair places) touch their cameras so you have to send them in to Kodak for a lovely $45 shipping fee on top of the repair cost. I will not be buying a Kodak ever again for this reason.
Anyway...I have resorted to only taking pictures outside (and stealing my mom's camera) since that lovely experience but with the weather changing and dark coming earlier in the evening it is time to get serious about replacing it.
I would love to know what kind of cameras people have and if they love it, hate it or are somewhere in the middle. I don't want to spend a ton of money but want a nice camera so I am up for all suggestions.
I'm really bummed about the whole deal due to the fact I really like my camera...if you or anyone you know fixes cameras I would love their name/number so I can avoid the whole buying a new one thing. :)
Anyway...I have resorted to only taking pictures outside (and stealing my mom's camera) since that lovely experience but with the weather changing and dark coming earlier in the evening it is time to get serious about replacing it.
I would love to know what kind of cameras people have and if they love it, hate it or are somewhere in the middle. I don't want to spend a ton of money but want a nice camera so I am up for all suggestions.
I'm really bummed about the whole deal due to the fact I really like my camera...if you or anyone you know fixes cameras I would love their name/number so I can avoid the whole buying a new one thing. :)




4 comments:
Lisa... I have a Sony cybershot. I really like it. I don't think that it is the best on the market but it is easy to use. They are not very expensive so I just plan on buying a new one every couple of years since they seem to get better and better. Good luck.
Hey Lisa,
I have a Canon PowerShot SD1000 that's a couple of years old, but it takes great pictures and is easy to use and has a few fun little features on it such as swapping colors or taking pics in black & white except whatever color you tell it to leave! Good luck with your shopping!
Jodi (Lamer) Martinie
I have a Canon Rebel which i love. Easy to use...takes nice pictures, haven't had any problems with it....but it's isn't a small "throw in your purse" type of camera.
We've always gotten our camera at Lakewood Photo...they are very helpful there. I use to have a Konica Monolta Camera from there (small digital) which was great! I loved it...took great pictures, but i lost it :( So i upgraded to the Canon Rebel.
Don't you just HATE a camera that doesn't work? I've had-NO EXAGGERATING 15 cameras and hated every one of them...but now...i have a canon rebel and LOVE it!!!! It takes gorgeous pics, you can play w/the settings or just put it on auto and snap away. the warm-up time is zero and you can snap pics immediately by the time you put if up to your eye...and keep on snapping. i have never lost a picture because of slowness (actually, yes, this IS a word in my world ;). i will never buy anything else-only to upgrade. it's a bit pricey but worth every penny-you can check places like costco because i've seen them there and they come in a set w/the camera, two lenses, extra battery, and case...that's all you need. i'd love to know what you end up getting. lori ;)
Post a Comment