Wednesday, January 2, 2013

1 Year - G.

G -
Yup, that's right little buddy, you are 1! You love being a big boy and doing things P & C can do. This past year you have filled our lives with so much joy and a little more mischief and we have loved every minute of it.
I feel like you have really 'grown up' over the past month. You seem much more like a toddler than an infant now. The main reason for this may be because you learned to WALK! You love this new found talent. Your first steps were so out of the blue. We were in the living room watching a TV episode for wind down time before bed. I had just put something away in Payton's room and was rounding the corner when I saw you stand up out of Charley's Anywhere Chair and start walking across the room! I am not sure who you shocked more, us or yourself. Of course it was only about 4 steps and you refused to do it again for a while but you did it and giggled about it for a while. I would say about a week later is when you really took off. Although you do crawl around the house, mainly because it is faster, you do walk quite a bit too.
Sleep -Nothing new here. Still two naps and bed at 7:30/8. We did switch cribs however because Charley got his big boy bed. You don't seem to care too much, which really, there isn't a difference because you still have the same mattress.
 Eating - I don't know if I said this in the last post or not, I can't remember when we started but you are drinking whole milk these days with only 'toddler' formula before bed at night. The switch was easy and you like having it in a sippy cup throughout the day and at meals.
Diaper Size -4's.
Clothes  - 9 Month clothes are officially too small. You have moved into 18 mo which are still a little big.  12 month is what fits the best but there are a few jammies I noticed that were looking a little on the small side.
Activities - Like I said, you started to walk this month. You also had your first Christmas. It seemed really odd to me that it was your first Christmas because you are so much bigger than C and P were when they celebrated their first Christmas'. You enjoyed yourself it seemed and liked pulling tissue paper out of bags which most kids your age do. The Christmas tree was a little issue but for the most part you did really well with it. We couldn't put gifts under it of course because they would have been destroyed for sure. 
You often are found exploring the house or playing in the playroom by yourself. I just think you like to discover things and it's easier to do alone. We call you silent but deadly because you are so quiet about leaving that we often don't know where you are until we hear something or go looking for you. If the bathroom door gets left open we are sure to find you with your hand in the toilet or unrolling the toilet paper. Mischievous for sure, maybe even a little naughty. When we do find you doing something you are not supposed to do we are always greeted with a big smile and a giggle or two. It's hard to get mad at that!
You keep us on our toes Little Guy and there is no where else I would rather be. We love you to pieces and more.
Love always, Mommy
1 Year of G!
Birthday Boy.
Amma & Papa were out of town so the big party will wait until they return. We did get a small cake to celebrate though.
He liked it...shocker!

Stats: Weight - 23 lbs 12.5 oz (85th)
Length - 30 inches (50th)
Head Circumference - 47.2 (75th)

0 comments: