Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pray for Heather

Just to keep everyone updated on what is going on with my sister I thought I would post.
Two weeks ago she was in and out of Prime Care (Friday) and the ER (Sunday) with digestive/bowel issues. She was originally told it was just a severe stomach virus then after a trip to the ER was told it was possible Crohns or an infection. She was put on an antibiotic and started to feel better. All tests that were done came back negative for Crohns or anything serious. Well this past Monday, after being on the antibiotic for 7 days she started to experience nausea, migraines and dizziness. Doctors told her to stop taking the medication and if things worsen to go to the ER. So on Tuesday after things had not gotten better she went in where they discovered her platelets to be very low and she had poor kidney function. 
She was admitted on yesterday evening. This morning things were worse and her hemoglobin was low and her kidney function was even poorer. More tests were run, more blood work done with no conclusions as to what is causing her kidneys to shut down. 
The decision was made this afternoon to move her to Blodgett Downtown and start dialysis because her kidneys are shutting down.
Please pray for Heather, Mark, Ava, and the doctors. We just really want answers right now. It's very hard to wait. 

4 comments:

one blessed mama said...

storming the gates on Heaven now!!! we love you guys!

Wubben World said...

I am a friend of Traci's and I haven't stopped praying since I heard of your what your sister (and family) are going through!! I will continue to uphold you and pray that God wraps his healing hands around your sister!

Unknown said...

Praying for Heather, Mark and the family. Hoping you all get some answers soon!

our sweet life said...

oh, yes, we're praying...MUCH!