Monday, September 2, 2013

Heather Update: Day 6

Last night was a rough one for Heather. Again she had a severe headache but this time it was accompanied by some very unpleasant dreams. :( The trend tends to be that nights and mornings are the worst time of day and lead to very little sleep at night. To all those 3rd shift prayer warriors, please pray extra for her during these times. We know the power of prayer! 
I don't have concrete numbers to share today. Heather was up on the 3rd floor having dialysis when I was there today so I didn't think to check the 'notebook' for exact numbers (we are trying to keep a log of information in Heather's room so everyone can stay up-to-date and not repeat questions). I did chat with Michelle & Sarah who were up to see her early this morning so I have some info.
Platelet count was up this morning. Yay! (I think Heather said 105...?) 
Hemoglobin was down so she did get another blood transfusion today along with her dialysis. 
Creatinine level was up today but only slightly so that is good. 
I was also told about her LDH level (Lactic acid dehydrogenase). This number should be 140 to 280. Heather's is at 330. We want this number to go down. I was told this was a very important number. 
Keep up the prayers! 
Pray specifically today for no nightmares!!
Her spirits to stay high.
Pray for 12, 150, 140-280 (Hemoglobin, platelets, LDH).
Increased kidney function
100% Healing!!

0 comments: