Thursday, September 5, 2013

Our Cool God

" Let all that I am praise the Lord;
    with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name.  
Let all that I am praise the Lord;
    may I never forget the good things he does for me.
He forgives all my sins
    and heals all my diseases.
He redeems me from death
    and crowns me with love and tender mercies.
He fills my life with good things.
    My youth is renewed like the eagle’s!"
Psalm 103: 1-5

"He alone is your God, the only one who is worthy of your praise, the one who has done these mighty miracles that you have seen with your own eyes."
Deuteronomy 10:21

God is giving us our miracle!
Praise be to our great God!
Heather is doing amazing. We braced ourselves for a roller coaster and thus far it has only been a steady climb up. 
First of all, I took Payton up to see her this afternoon (for those of you who don't know me well, P is my 5 year old daughter). We got outside her room, did the whole hand sanitizing thing and walked in to find Heather gone. Hummm. I knew she didn't have dialysis today so thought that was strange. I went to the nurses station and asked where she was. This is the response I got, 'I think she just left to go check out the gift shop.' NO JOKE! I laughed and thought, 'well, if you go to see the patient and find they have walked to the gift shop that is a good sign.' :) It was nice to see her 'out and about' and great for P to see her for the first time not in the hospital bed.
1,500 ml of urine yesterday!! Her nephrologist (who I am not sure has the 'joy, joy, joy, joy down in her heart'...at least she doesn't often have it on her face :) was smiling today and was shocked at the progresss. She said she has never seen kidneys recover so fast. Our God is so cool! A true miracle. Because of this, dialysis is on hold for tomorrow. They are going to check her numbers in the morning and from there determine if she will need it. 
As for her other numbers...Her hemoglobin was done again to 8.1 but above 8 they seem to not worry about too much. They still want it up, up, up but no transfusion above 8. 
Platelets are up to 167. Day two above 150. One more to go then down to every other day of plasmapheresis. 
I did not get an exact LDH number today but I know it was up very slightly. Nothing they are worried about. 
Other great news, they are talking about discharging her early next week if all continues to go so well. Yippy!!
We give all the glory to God and thank everyone for their prayers. 
Please continue to pray. She is not through this yet but she has come a long, long way in a very short amount of time.


0 comments: