Friday, August 29, 2014

C's New Smile

Back In July, while at a friend's house, we had a tragic tooth lose. 
C's tooth met G's head.
G's head - 1, C's tooth - 0
After hearing the commotion from the kitchen I went to investigate. Because C tends to react the same way (hysterically) to every injury, big or small. I was not alarmed but when I opened his mouth to assess the injury I discovered the tooth was missing! Clearly more tragic then I thought. The tooth was found about 4 feet away from the scene of the crime under a table...yup, they hit hard. Luckily the tooth broke clean and the root came with it. 
After some ice and a call to Aunt Becky (who works in the dental industry) we determined no trip to Prime Care or anything was necessary just a phone call to the dentist the next morning (to be 100% sure the entire root came out clean).
Dr. B verified the tooth came out clean and was sure the tooth had sustained an 'injury' before hand causing the root to start to die. G had no sign of injury on his head so he thinks they may not have hit as hard as originally thought. 
Anyway, C got a new smile and it's super cute. Good thing too because he is going to have it for a few years. 

Tragic Tooth lose warrants a stay in Mom & Dad's bed.
So stinkin' Cute!
Of course the Tooth Fairy came! There is serious inflation when your brother's head causes the tooth to fall out.


0 comments: