Tuesday, August 19, 2014

July 4th

When it comes to holidays I love having traditions and want to have them mainly for my kids because there is nothing better than looking forward to a holiday because you know exactly what the day is going to look like. Well, I think it's safe to say we have a 4th of July tradition...well, traditions I guess.
The kids and I always start the day at the Graafschap Fire Department pancake breakfast. It's the kids and I because Bry does not like pancakes. I know, I know, the horror of that! ;-)


We then meet up with daddy at Graafschap Church for the 'car show'. Which is so much more than a car show really. The Critter barn is always there, there are a few games & crafts for the kids, barrel rides, carriage rides, a playground...like I said, so much more. 










After that we hit the beach...if it's nice of course which it has been for the past few years...knock on wood. This year was fun because we were able to take our own boat out and did not have to rely on the waves being zero to none (so we could take the dingy) or have to be on someone else's schedule. It was really really great.











 
Then, if that wasn't a long enough day, we cook out at the marina and enjoy some fireworks when it finally gets dark. What is the 4th of July without fireworks! G was able to join us this year for the first time. He thought they were cool.

This year we added 'sleeping on the boat' to the adventures. The kids loved it, mommy & daddy will have to figure out a more comfortable way to sleep on the thing that is for sure.


0 comments: