Friday, February 13, 2009

1/2 A Year

Payton is six months old today...Daddy says that is 1/2 a year. :) She is definitely developing a fun loving little personality. She squeals at almost everything in excitement. (Such a girl thing)One of her favorite things is watching me dance around like a fool even if it's just to the music on a commercial. If you ever drive by our house and see me dancing like crazy...know I'm entertaining my child & not crazy.

I'm almost positive she will be walking before she crawls. Reasons...for one, she HATES being on her tummy. When I say HATE...that is what I mean. She throws a fit. I let her scream about it for a while but there is only so much I can take. Second, she LOVES to stand & be on her feet. With a little help from the couch or something supportive she can stand by herself. Those tree trunks are sturdy and hold that little body up for a while. In fact, she likes standing so much she will stiffen her whole body so I can't make her sit.

We haven't had her 6 month check up yet so I don't have any stats. I believe she goes in on the 25th so I'll post them then. I also decided that I was going to try to take her 6 month pictures myself so I'll post those when I get them ready too...we'll see how they turn out.

1 comments:

The Geurinks said...

Happy 1/2 Year Birthday Payton! It is amazing how fast the time goes, eh? Gotta love the girly high pitched squeels--we joke that it's a good thing Layla's a girl or she'd sound really weird:-). Layla also hates her tummy and we say too that she'll probably walk b/f she crawls b/c she just wants to stand.