As I look back on recent posts I find myself reading a lot about our little man and start to feel like I am leaving Payton out a little. So this post is all about what Payton is up to these days.
My little angel is moving quickly from toddler to little girl. It amazes me all the things she remembers. I find this to be very helpful when looking for things around the house that she could possible have moved or hid. For example, C's bop (pacifier) went missing yesterday afternoon. I looked everywhere that I thought it could potential be without any luck. This morning after church I went searching again because it was driving me nuts that I couldn't find it. Payton heard me say to Bryan that I was looking for it and she walks right over to where her Mr. Potato Head case is and said, "In here Mama". She opened it up and pulled out the bop. Next time I will go directly to her instead of going crazy trying to find it myself.
She really like to learn new things. She has been going to BSF's children's classes which we call 'Bible School' and loves it. (Although she has been put on a waiting list for this coming semester due to a lack of teachers...please pray for more leaders so she can continue to go!) We read a lot of books with shapes, colors, letters and numbers. She is doing really well with them and loves to tell me the color of things and
She is growing physically by leaps and bounds too. For a long, long time she was wearing 24 mo/2T stuff but now has moved into 3T. 3T seems so big girl to me...then again, it is.
Potty training is still a frustration for me. I will blame this on starting the precess to early so now the novelty of it has long since gone out the window. I think she views it as a chore.
Her sleeping habits have been a little off but are now starting to get back to normal. For a few months she was waking up in the night for one reason or another. There were a few nights where we found ourselves bringing her up stairs to sleep with us. Thank goodness this isn't happening anymore because she is a wiggle pants even when she is sleeping and it seemed like she preferred to be snuggled up right next to me. That makes for a really bad nights sleep for mama.
Her favorite thing to watch is Mickey Mouse Club House. She knows the words to the theme song and of course to the 'Hot Dog Dance'.
Music and dancing are probably her favorite things to do. We went to Deanna's Playhouse this past week and she spent the majority of her time by the music room. Whenever there is music playing she dances. We have a lot of 'Dance Parties' in the kitchen.
She is getting to be little miss independent too...getting her own juice or snack, putting herself in her high chair, putting on her boots and coat. This is a great thing because with me still feeding C I can't always get her what she needs/wants when she needs/wants it. It can also be a bit of a problem, like when she gets her own snack when she isn't allowed to have a snack.
The role of big sister has come very naturally. She seems to be adjusting very very well. There are times I can tell that she is a little jealous or craving a little attention but that is only natural. I have been trying very hard to make sure she feels included in the care of Charley and that I give her as much one-on-one time as I can.
We still go to the barn quite a bit and let her ride her bike. I LOVE watching her fly around on it. She has mastered riding with her training wheels and come spring will be ready for a new challenge. We are also going to start swimming lessons the first week of February. I am looking forward to it. I know she is going to do great.
I am so thankful for my little lady and am very proud of the little girl she is becoming.




0 comments:
Post a Comment