Thursday, March 10, 2011

1/2 Way to a Year

Six Months! REALLY! Six Months! Unreal.


Big Man -
You are getting bigger by the day.
Now almost out of 6 month clothing and into size 3 diapers, I can barely keep up with you. I weighed you the other day...20 pounds!!! WHOW! That is unofficial of course but we will find out for sure next Monday at your doctor's appointment. I believe this would put you between the 75th and 90th percentiles. Like I said, you're getting bigger every day. :) I love it...chubby babies are the best!
The baby food thing has been going really well. You've only had bananas, carrots and green beans but like all three. Mommy has just been lazy about making more that is why there has not been a great variety. I believe you are ready for puffs and crunchy's as well because you constantly are reaching for other people's food when they are about to put it in their month. 8 am, 12 noon, 4 pm and 8 pm are the approximate times for food. Mornings are an 8 oz bottle (formula only these days :), noon is either an 8 oz bottle or a 6 oz bottle with baby food...just depends on what we are doing. 4 o'clock is the same, bottle or a combo of bottle/food, 8 pm is an 8 oz bottle as well.
On Tuesday it was discovered that you have two teeth! Who knew?! Not me. I will not be winning any mother-of-the-year awards that is for sure. Sorry baby. You had been a little fussier then normal and were getting up in the middle of the night but I just chalked it up to another growth spurt. Mimi was the one that found your right bottom tooth all the way through and the left just under the surface. Never would have thought at six months you would have two teeth.
You are scooting all over. When I sit you down and return a few minutes later I find you on your tummy way away from the spot I left you. I give you a week or two before you crawl. We are hoping you hold off until after our family trip to Florida. A crawling baby in the sand does not sound like much fun. But if it happens we will roll with it.
After the tooth discovery you have been sleeping like a big boy again. Thank goodness for medicine to make those toofers not hurt so you can sleep. Bedtime is around 8 o'clock and our morning starts at about 7:30 am. Still at three naps a day, 10 am, 1:30 pm and 6 pm. The first and last are just mini naps about an hour or less. The middle nap is the long one anywhere from 2 hours to 3 1/2.
You are getting to be so much fun. Not that you weren't before! You and Payton interacting together bring a smile to my face. She talks to you all the time and you just smile back. She loves you very much and you love her...I love it!
Love you so much big guy!!
Always & Forever,
Mommy
(Daddy & Payton too)


1 comments:

our sweet life said...

oh, he's SOOOO cute...and payton too~kayt all over again. enjoy these days (i used to HATE that when people said that to me when the kids were little~THEY DIDN'T REMEMBER!!!) but your little boogies are SO ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!