We are in the stage of wanting to dress our self and pick out our own outfits. I know many people who have their little ones dressed to the nines every time they go out even if it is just to grocery shop, I am not one of those people! Sometimes I wish I was one of those people who had a hair bow and shoes to match every outfit because I think it is so adorable. Maybe if I had more money I would or at least I would like to think I would but if I'm honest, it probably wouldn't help. Anyway, back to the point, I will often, not always but often, let Payton wear whatever she picks out...if it is reasonable for the weather of course. I'm not going to let her out in a tank & shorts when it is 20 degrees out...I'm not crazy. My theory is that in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter what she wears to swimming lessons or out getting groceries. She is very confident and I figure it is helping her find her sense of self and feeling like she does have some choices in life. That and it is kind of cute. :)
So if you ever see us out and Payton is dressed a little 'unusual' remember this post and just smile.
She wore this a few weeks ago to swimming lessons. Yes, even with the tiara.
This was also worn to swimming lessons. She really wanted to wear her pretty dress from Aunt Heather's wedding, name tag from rehearsal and all
She wore this yesterday. Ever since the wedding the only thing she wants to wear is dresses. The leggings were the first part she picked so I directed her to something that would work with them. Then we had to put on everything that was in the jewelry box. It was a little 'springy' for the weather but that's ok.

And this is what she will be wearing today. What are we doing you ask...going to Amma's house to play with Ava. :)


She wore this a few weeks ago to swimming lessons. Yes, even with the tiara.




1 comments:
good for you, lis! my mantra for parenting is PICK YOUR ISSUES, and i agree that kids looking put together all the time isn't one of them. i'm sure people were talking when my kids were little and thinking i had my hands so full i didn't even pay attention to what they put on. but the truth is, you're right~i think it helped build their confidence and they're still pretty confident (and they dress much better ;). so here's my thumbs up to you...you're a great mom!!
Post a Comment