Sunday, May 8, 2011

Kinderplaats & Carnavel 2011

Tulip Time is officially here!!! YAY!
Saturday was a full-of-fun-busy-day. We started out the day at Kinderplaats downtown. Last year was simply look at the animals and fire truck and leave but not this year. She played games, got her face painted, did the blow-up bounce house & obstacle course, watched dancers and so much more. We did feed and pet the animals too of course. Adi, Mary & Louis joined us which was great. I am sure Payton tried some of the activities because Adi wanted to so that was good for her.
We went home for lunch and naps then met the Garvelink family at the carnival...yes, I said carnival. :)
One of my favorite things about being a mom is watching my little ones experience simple pleasures in life that they have never experienced before. This was definitely one of those times. She surprised me that is for sure. I thought she would be a little scared of going on the rides but boy was I wrong! Squealed and giggled the whole time and asked to go on almost everything. The one she was dying to go on...the Ferris wheel and she loved it. We were suckered into playing one game but both girls won a little 'nemo' so all was well with the world. :)
Right from there we drove to the Marina where we boarded an 85 foot boat (we know, we are beyond spoiled!) to watch the fireworks.
(See next post for details)

Loved her butterfly

Blow-up obstical caurse

Bubbles
She was really good at this game. First throw she got it in the 'nose', 3rd throw in the 'right eye'. From the spot she is standing...thata girl.

Plinko
This piggy like her.
Charley liked the animals too.
Coasty - the talking tug boat
Carousal rideWaiting for the ferris wheelWay up high.
Loved this ride. Wanted to do it again but decided to 'fish' instead.

I'm happy because I am getting fed.
NEMO!

0 comments: