Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tulip Time 2011

I say this every year but Tulip Time is one of my favorite times of year. There is just so much for the kids & I to do all week and watching them enjoy it is the absolute best.
Tuesday I took the kids to the Window on the Waterfront to get some pictures in their costumes. It was a good day for it because there weren't too many people there because it wasn't a parade day and it was early morning. We usually go to Centennial Park but it's always so busy and you always get random people in the background so last year when we went to Kinderplaats which is right next to where all the flowers are I thought it would be a perfect place for pictures. My mom met us there to help out and it worked out great.
We again went to all the parades. Wednesday was a perfect day, Thursday was extremely hot and Saturday was a little cold and rainy but all were great parades and we are glad we went to all three. That is what Tulip Time is all about.
I danced again this year. Payton came with me every night...in costume of course and was able to run out and dance with me for the last little section. It was fun for both of us. She really liked watching me dance too. One of the best parts for her was me wearing a costume just like Charley.

Baby face
Prettiest Dutch Girl ever! She LOVES getting in her costume.How cute is he?!! I can hardly stand it!Cutest little Dutch people EVER!
Posing for a tourist...she did better for them then she did for me...go figure.
Helping put Charley's shoe back on...they didn't stay on very well.

Kisses
Sleepy Dutch BoyAll 'my' kiddos.
All dressed up

My entourage. Love this part of the dance.
Family Picture
Sleeping before the parade in the comfort of Papa's car trailer
Snow cones! Payton enjoyed one of these for every parade.
Charley's Parade Digs
Comfy
Too hot for costumesSweetie
Myrick Kids & Garvelink Kids

Travis (2), Tyler (almost 1), Charley (8 mo), Adi (3...a few hours short :), Louis (1), Payton (2)
"Why do you look funny?"
Buddies
Really, Really HOT. Definitely a snow cone kid of day.
What a difference a few days make. Chilly & Rainy of course for the longest parade. Although in my opinion they need to step this parade up a little more. I remember it being so long (2 hours +) but it was only 1 1/2 this year...very disappointing.



0 comments: