Wednesday, October 22, 2008

All About Payton

Ok just a warning... I'm totally going to do a 'mommy' post today, which means I'm going to talk solely about my baby.


God has blessed me beyond measure with this little one. I could not have asked for a better baby. She is 10 weeks old today and I just can't believe it. She is really starting to get a personality and I can tell we are going to get along. :) She is just so good & funny (she thinks so too) & sweet & cute & the cheeks, oh the cheeks!!!
For the past few weeks we have really been working on her 'schedule'. It has been going well for the most part. She wakes up around the same time everyday, goes down for a morning nap about the same time, ect. The problem comes in the evening. She hasn't gotten the memo about how babies are supposed to go to bed before 11. Don't get me wrong, I have been putting her down at 8:30 every night but she is treating it like a cat nap, sleeping for about 45 min to an hour, then not going to bed until 11. Everyone says she will just get it one day so I'm hoping that is the case because, ok I LOVE spending time with her and she is a happy girl at night BUT, mommy can't have a child that stays up that late. Plus, I feel like I can't leave her with a sitter who isn't family because she doesn't have that bedtime thing down. Any suggestions are welcome! :)
Although having her up late does have it's downfalls, if she wouldn't have been up late last night I would not have been blessed with her first giggles! It was only three in a row and she hasn't done it since but they were honest-to-goodness full-fledged giggles. The sweetest sound I have ever heard!!!


2 comments:

The Geurinks said...

She's always looking so stylish:-). So cute! No suggestions from me on how to get her to sleep earlier--Layla sleeps good from about 6pm to 8am...I struggle more with getting her to take longer naps during the day...I suppose it maybe just takes time like people say. I think that getting them on a schedule is a good start and from there you just alter their schedule little by little until it's the schedule you want them to be on. If you put her down at 9:30, does she just keep crying?

The Geurinks said...

O, and there's nothing wrong with having a post all about your baby! She's your life now!! :-)