Our second annual trip to Ann Arbor for some good 'ol Michigan Football tailgating was supposed to start at 8:30 am. Running on only 4 1/2 hours of sleep, due to Payton deciding not to sleep well on one of the few nights I have to get up early...go fig, I got a slow start to the morning. Everything takes four times as long with the wee one around plus, this being the first time I had left her for an entire day, I had
a lot of stuff to get ready.


Payton got to spend the day with some of her favorite people. She spent the 1st shift (as I like to call it) with Grandma & Grandpa Myrick, the 2nd with Aunt Becky, Hannah & Noah & the 3rd with Alisa & Tiffanie. It was hard to leave her I'm not going to lie but I knew she was going to be in good hands.
Bryan & I dropped her off at 8:30 then headed to the Potts' to met the crew at 9. We loaded up the rented conversion van with all the tailgating essentials and hit the road. The Big House or bust!
Being able to all ride together was a major bonus and was well worth the rental fee. We were definitely rockin' the van. However, we did forget the Michigan car flags and giant magnets which is apparently a requirement for Michigan Football caravans as we found out on the way to the game.
Tailgating was great. Good food, good drinks, good company. People watching is always interesting at events like this. Some people go all out to show their team spirit. We didn't go crazy with the Michigan spirit but most of us were sporting some sort of Michigan apparel. Even Mary Garvelink put on the maize & blue...some State grad. :) (We were unable to convert her however)
Even though the Wolverine's were unable to pull off a win, the Big House experience is always worth the trip. Nothing beats the fall weather & football!




0 comments:
Post a Comment