Saturday, November 28, 2009

End of an Era

" There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:"
Ecclesiastes 3:1
This past week brought about change in my life, change that was not planned but truly needed. After almost 10 years at Macatawa Bank, I was laid off. As strange as it may sound, it is a blessing and I could not be more at peace. It was time for me to leave the bank and start pursuing my dreams of being a personal trainer and spending more time with my sweet girl. I did not enjoy what I did and was no longer happy going there every day.
The unfortunate part about it is I was the insurance carrier of the family because Bryan is considered an independent contractor and therefore does not get benefits through his employer. We are being taken care of by the bank for a little while and for that I am grateful. It gives us some time to get our ducks in a row and get things in place as far as insurance goes.
I am excited and a little nervous (if I'm being honest) to start this new chapter in my life. I know God has only the greatest plan for us...His plan.

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11
"...there is nothing better for a man than to enjoy his work..."
Ecclesiastes 3:22

PS. If any one buys insurance independently please let me know who you go through.

3 comments:

thekuiperskrew said...

Sorry to hear about this, but it sounds like it was a mixed blessing for you guys. I know there is a BCBS of MI plan that is a pretty good value. I think Julie and Adam have it.

Megan said...

Kinda bittersweet. Hope things go well for you guys. I can relate to the scariness of the unknown!! I guess God did "take away" something, but looks like it was a good "taking away." :-) Hang in there tho. Its scary at first but will be so worth it when you are doing something that makes you happy!

The Geurinks said...

Sorry to hear that, yet I'm glad it truly feels like a blessing in disguise for you and the fam. Praying that things go well for you as you figure out the next step. 10 years at a job is a long time!