Swimming wrapped up this past weekend with our state meet at Eastern Michigan University. It was a little bit of a disappointing weekend. That is not to say the girls did not swim well they just did not drop the time we hoped they would. Thursday night we determined we were sitting in 5th place but prelims proved to be extremely fast and we soon realized 5th would be out of reach. With two of our relays sitting in that dreaded 9th place spot and two swimmers not coming back to finals, we knew our goals would have to be re-evaluated.
We did have some great swims - Our Medley relay started things off with a bang, swimming in a time that was four 100th of a second off from a school record, two individual times earned a spot into the top 8 and three others were top 16.
Saturday was a better day with some great times and great finishes. They finished overall with a 9th place spot (one up from last year).
I am very proud of each & everyone of them. They have a lot of heart and a lot of spunk.
It has been a great season. I will miss them over the next few months and I will miss my two seniors greatly next season but I have to admit I will be glad to have some extra time with my hubby and Payton.
Until next season - Go Maroons!
We did have some great swims - Our Medley relay started things off with a bang, swimming in a time that was four 100th of a second off from a school record, two individual times earned a spot into the top 8 and three others were top 16.
Saturday was a better day with some great times and great finishes. They finished overall with a 9th place spot (one up from last year).
I am very proud of each & everyone of them. They have a lot of heart and a lot of spunk.
It has been a great season. I will miss them over the next few months and I will miss my two seniors greatly next season but I have to admit I will be glad to have some extra time with my hubby and Payton.
Until next season - Go Maroons!




0 comments:
Post a Comment