Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Baby x 6

I can finally do this post because there are no more baby secrets.
As you all know, Bryan & I are expecting baby #3 January 10, 2012. It was a very unexpected surprise, little did we know that there were going to be 5 other surprises to follow shortly after.
I'll start with surprise 2 & 3 (ours being surprise #1). The weekend of June 3 a bunch of my girl friends were headed up to a cottage for the weekend for some much needed 'mommy' time. Very bummed I had to decline the invitation because my secret was not yet out and it was too early to spill the beans I thought. Good friends of ours were getting married on the 4th anyway so it was a good excuse not to be able to go. To my surprise, later on the night of the 3rd I got a call from one of my friends who was up there. She knew my secret because, like me, her 2nd & 3rd children are close together so when I found out I needed her to 'talk me off the ledge' sort-to-speak. When I answer the phone I hear, "You are never going to believe this. Guess what?!" Then she went on to tell me a quick story about how the owner of the cottage spilled the beans a little bit about some of the girls being pregnant. Well, all the girls who had already arrived at the cottage all looked at each other and determined that non of them were the mothers-to-be. Only two were missing. So when the remaining two showed up those already there decided they wanted to surprise them instead of the other way around. Well, they did...sort of...Not knowing which of the two was 'the one' they just shouted, "you're pregnant!" when they arrived. Little did everyone know that BOTH of them were expecting. And their due dates January 9 & January 20. Wow, three babies within two weeks. Crazy right? Oh, it gets better... :)
Surprise #4 - When I am about 10 weeks along and about a week and a half before Father's day...they day Bryan & I wanted to tell our families...I decided I needed to tell my sister. So after a Wednesday morning barn day when everyone else had left and it was just Heather & I, I said, "um, I need to tell you something before I tell everyone else...Bryan & I are having another baby." With a look of shock she stood there for a minute with her only response being, "me too!"
Her estimated due date February 4.
Wow, wow and more wow. I went from thinking I am going to pregnant by myself...which doesn't happen much in this group to being one of 4. All due with a month of each other. So fun.
But then...Surprise #5 came...heheh...this is a really good one.
We had an extended family get together the very last weekend in June and my cousin's house in Zeeland. After we left Bryan said we needed to stop by Mark & Heather's because she had our pack n' play. Which was true so I thought nothing unusual was going on. When we got there Mark was outside & Heather came right out, went to her car, grabbed an ultrasound picture and handed it to me. I still didn't think anything of it because a good friend of hers is an ultrasound tech and I knew she was going in because she really wanted to see heartbeat. Upon further examination of the picture I see tiny numbers next to little blobs...let's be honest that is what they look like early on...that say 1 & 2. Holy Moly!!! "WHAT?! TWINS?!" Then I laughed...sorry, I laughed because I was so happy it was her & not me. Actual due date February 14, term being January 31 (term with twins is at 38 weeks)
So, now we have 5 babies within 1 month.
And it does not stop there folks.
Surprise #6 - A few weeks ago, my mom & I are at Russ' having lunch when I get a phone call. It was hard to hear because the service kept cutting in & out but finally I could hear long enough to hold a conversation. It was the same friend I had called to 'talk me off the ledge'. The only thing she said was, "I was wondering if you might be able to talk me off the ledge this time." My month dropped. Are you kidding me? I was thrilled for her of course but could not believe that 5 of us girls were expecting 6 babies all within two months of each other. Her due date being March 2.
We are all very excited and can't wait to meet all these new babies come the beginning of the year. With these new babies, between 7 of us 'Wednesday night' girls, we will be at a grand total of 21 kids in 6.5 years!
Don't drink the water! :)

1 comments:

The Nuivers said...

You have left me wondering who all these expecting mothers are!!?? We just went through that, 4 babies in 4 months:) So fun to be pregnant and have babies all together!