Friday, January 30, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

This is something from Facebook but I thought it was fun so I decided to post it on my blog as well. Enjoy!

1. It takes me forever to start things like this. I wish I could just start typing without having to think about it.
2. Bryan & I met because I went to Traverse City to run away from an old relationship. My broken heart lead me to the love of my life. God is good.
3. Payton’s giggle makes me giggle…and makes me just want to squeeze her!
4. I love ‘hosting’ things but I hate cleaning up afterward. We don’t have a good house for hosting things right now so someday when we do…watch out, I’m going to be a party queen!
5. I hate cleaning but LOVE it when my house is clean. I seriously need a cleaning lady.
6. My house has to be super clean before I leave for vacation, any vacation. I can’t imagine coming home to a dirty house…yuck. We are leaving for the Bahamas on Wed morning & Tuesday night I will be up cleaning my entire house.
7. I used to be a complete night owl..staying up past 2am was the best thing ever…now, if I’m in bed after 11:00 I freak out. Everyone always said that would happen.
8. I secretly want to be super successful at something…other then being a mom. It must feel good doing something you love & succeeding at it & being respected for it.
9. I was honestly worried Payton wasn’t going to be cute. Seriously, I told everyone that she was probably going to be funny looking. I was SO wrong about that!
10. My entire family…excluding my sister-in-law Jamie…lives within a 2-mile radius of each other. I hope that never changes. I would love to buy a whole bunch of land in Laketown someday and have my whole family live on it. It would have to be big enough that I couldn’t see their houses from mine but I think it would be so great…golf carts, 4 wheelers, tree forts…etc. 11. I have worked for the same company since I was in high school…it will be 9 years next month. Man, I have to find something different.
12. I like working out but I hate running. My favorite thing to do is swim but I don’t get to do that very often. I don’t make time for it like I should.
13. I coach (assistant) varsity swimming for Holland Christian and I love it! I would do it even if I didn’t get paid…but shhhh…don’t tell them that.
14. I like to read but find myself sitting in front of the TV or computer instead of picking up that book. I need to start turning the electronics off and start diving into a good book. I can’t let Payton turn into a TV/Computer junky.
15. I have a travel wish list. There are so many places I would love to go and people I need to visit.... my cousins in WA & NJ just to name a few.
16. Being a mom is the greatest thing in the world & I thank God everyday for entrusting me with Payton.
17. I would redo High School in a heartbeat…the good & the bad.
18. I wish I could go back in time & watch Bryan play football.
19. I hate laundry. Ours goes without being done for almost two weeks at a time. Bryan often has to tell me he’s out of boxers before I will do it. My hate for it might be partly because my washer & dryer are done in our ‘Michigan basement’. Not a fun place to be.
20. The house I live in is the house my sister-in-laws father grew up in. Her grandma lived in this house her entire married life until we bought it & raised 7 children here! I think it’s small with three people, a cat & a giant dog.
21. I love spending time with my family. Sunday family dinners are the best. (Hint, hint Mom!)22. I love big families. I think it would be so much fun to have 4 or 5 siblings…think of all the love! I don’t think Bryan will go for the 5 or 6 kid thing though…too bad.
23. My creative memory book is 3 years behind! It drives me CRAZY. I need to learn how to do digital scrap booking before Payton goes to college. First I best find a good program.
24. I love to pretend that I can cook and bake really well. I can’t but I like to pretend I can.
25. I love weddings, everything about them, even having to buy a gift. I look forward to going to weddings. I’m going to be the person that renews their vows just so I can plan another ‘wedding’.

One last thing...I'm totally addicted to Facebook & blogs so if you are my friend or I know your blog site there's a good chance I'm totally stalking your life...deal with it. :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa... I would highly suggest shutterfly. I love it. I am still behind but I do EVERYTHING on there. Hope that helps

~ Abby Zeerip