Thursday, November 25, 2010

IN All Things...

1 Thessalonians 5:18 (New American Standard Bible)

18in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

God instructs us to give thanks IN everything. God has been teaching me over the past few months to do just that. I am not thankful FOR all the circumstances in my life but I am learning to give thanks IN those circumstances. There is so much God has taught me IN the tough things.

I am being taught how to rely on God alone.

I am being taught how to take one day at a time.

I am being taught that God's plans are bigger and greater then mine even if I do not understand them.

I am being taught how important family is even if my family does not 'look' the way I wish it would.

I am being taught how to be fearless in Christ.

I am being taught that God uses even the 'evil' things in life for His purpose.

I am being taught to love like Christ loves...unconditionally.

I am being taught that prayer is my most powerful tool and God does listen and it does change things.

For these lessons I am truly thankful and will continue to "give thanks in all circumstances..." as He calls me to do. "For this is God's will for (me) in Christ Jesus".


0 comments: